In Episode #125 proudly recorded at The Lab at Industry Hill:
Tim and Ray talk about:
- Tim gives a review of New Sichuan Restaurant on Silas Creek Pkway.
- Tim gives a review of his second trip to Skrimp Shack.
- Chelsea Tart opens Camel City Coffee on Oakwood in the old Starbucks location.
- Muddy Creek Cafe to move into old Flour Box location in Old Salem, but not Music Hall.
- Tate’s Craft Cocktails to offer “bar ‘food’.”
- Carolina Quench Italian Ice opens in old Uncle Buzzy’s space.
- Carrabba’s will have the first of its two September wine dinners tomorrow, September 17, 2019. The next will be on Wednesday, September 25 and will donate portions of proceeds to Folds of Honor. Make reservations here.
- Tim will be judging a chili/stew cookoff at The Big Sip, presented by Piedmont Local Magazine/336 Events on October 5. More details including purchasing tix here.
- Hot Dog Tasting Trolley Tour is rescheduled for October 5. You can purchase discounted tix using the code “Man5” on this link.
- Update on Summer of Burgers Tour.
- Food holidays and history.
Don’t forget our sponsors:
Carrabba’s Italian Grill. Healthy, grilled meats, wood-fired pizzas, fresh ingredients, and phenomenal wine dinners. That’s just some of the offerings of Carrabba’s and Daniel Butner, the local proprietario, is salt of the earth and a pillar of good in the community. Go taste the goodness that is Carrabba’s and see why Tim and Ray are always talking it up!
Washington Perk & Provision Company. Better than a convenience store but not quite a grocery store, in the heart of Washington Park and Downtown WSNC.
The Humble Bee Shoppe is challenging your perception of scratch made and leaving you with an experience you couldn’t possibly forget! With inventive flavor combos and a sense of artistry, The Humble Bee Shoppe isn’t your average bakery.
The Man Who Ate the Town is part of The Less Desirables Network. Give it a listen on iTunes, Stitcher, Podcast Addict and TuneIn, basically anywhere you can listen to podcasts. Or you can listen here (at the bottom of the post).