In Episode #165, proudly recorded in The Less Desirables Studios (South). Zoom sponsored by Bull’s Tavern:
Tim, Ray, and Lea talk about:
- Sabrina Wingo is in to talk about Taste of the Triad, her life, career, and more. Tim talks about the food.
- Miss Ora’s Kitchen reopens Thurs-Sat and Sweet Potatoes goes full-menu.
- The Liberty Street Farmers Market reopens.
- BLL Rotisserie Factory is highlighted in the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Camel City BBQ Factory installs hands-free thermometers.
- Carmine’s Italian Restaurant closes their dining room, returns to takeout, and curbside.
- La Carretta throws some clickbait.
- Zesto closed until at least 8/31 for maintenance, new staff, and menu revamp.
- Other local restaurant news.
- Tim and Lea talk about “List” updates.
- Winston-Salem Strong. This website includes the food and beverage list that we have been forging and resources for businesses and individuals that are needed at this time, including unemployment, SBA loans, tips for servers, and many other services. All this in one place. Winston-Salem Strong!
- Food holidays and history.
Don’t forget our sponsors:
Carrabba’s Italian Grill. Healthy, grilled meats, wood-fired pizzas, fresh ingredients, and phenomenal wine dinners. That’s just some of the offerings of Carrabba’s. And, Daniel Butner, the local proprietario, is salt of the earth and a pillar of good in the community. Go taste the goodness that is Carrabba’s and see why Tim and Ray are always talking it up!
Washington Perk & Provision Company. Better than a convenience store but not quite a grocery store, in the heart of Washington Park and Downtown WSNC.
The Humble Bee Shoppe is challenging your perception of scratch made and leaving you with an experience you couldn’t possibly forget! With inventive flavor combos and a sense of artistry, The Humble Bee Shoppe isn’t your average bakery.
The Man Who Ate the Town is part of The Less Desirables Network. Give it a listen on iTunes, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, and TuneIn, basically anywhere you can listen to podcasts. Or you can listen here (at the bottom of the post).