In Episode #169, proudly recorded in The Less Desirables Studios (South). Zoom sponsored by Bull’s Tavern:
Tim, Ray, and Lea talk about:
- Jordan Keiper discusses Providence Restaurant and Providence Culinary Training taking over food and events at Tanglewood Park.
- Claire Calvin is on to discuss Canteen Market and Bistro becoming Canteen Still Life, its new direction and that it is opening this week, October 1.
- DiLisio’s Restaurant to be offered in a local hospital’s cafeteria.
- ByGood Coffee needs input.
- Cugino Forno closer to new opening.
- Dairi-O starts on new location.
- The Carolina Classic Fair will happen this week but as a drive thru, we talk about a list of available food.
- Tim and Stephanie try Baklava and More’s baklava and baklava cheesecake. Food Freaks opens its new brick and mortar location this weekend.
- Other local restaurant news.
- Tim and Lea talk about “List” updates.
- Winston-Salem Strong. This website includes the food and beverage list that we have been forging and resources for businesses and individuals that are needed at this time, including unemployment, SBA loans, tips for servers, and many other services. All this in one place. Winston-Salem Strong!
- Food holidays and history.
Don’t forget our sponsors:
Carrabba’s Italian Grill. Healthy, grilled meats, wood-fired pizzas, fresh ingredients, and phenomenal wine dinners. That’s just some of the offerings of Carrabba’s. And, Daniel Butner, the local proprietario, is salt of the earth and a pillar of good in the community. Go taste the goodness that is Carrabba’s and see why Tim and Ray are always talking it up!
Washington Perk & Provision Company. Better than a convenience store but not quite a grocery store, in the heart of Washington Park and Downtown WSNC.
The Humble Bee Shoppe is challenging your perception of scratch made and leaving you with an experience you couldn’t possibly forget! With inventive flavor combos and a sense of artistry, The Humble Bee Shoppe isn’t your average bakery.
The Man Who Ate the Town is part of The Less Desirables Network. Give it a listen on iTunes, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, and TuneIn, basically anywhere you can listen to podcasts. Or you can listen here (at the bottom of the post).
Podcast: Play in new window | Download